Friday, March 15, 2013

PE 1 Reflection, PE 2 Goals

明日春休み!!!!!!!
Anyway, here is my PE 1 Reflection. My previous goals were to have basic natural conversations in Japanese, follow grammar/vocabulary at a much faster pace than last semester, to be able to comprehend natural/native Japanese (understanding the basic gist of the conversation), to improve my intonation/accents/etc. to conjugate verbs/adj naturally without mistakes, and to overall, talk more fluently. I really shifted my attention to listening and speaking since I will be going to Japan this summer for three months. I am so excited but nervous at the same time! I really think that I made a big effort to try to improve my speaking. I did really try to participate in class without looking at the powerpoint (which made answering the teachers' questions extremely difficult). For the most part, I was very caught up with the grammar, doing quick reviews every day (except for midterm week... sorry... I did not know anything about Chapter 12). I did shadowing quite often and even tried to do at least two shadowing activities every week. I also made the effort to do free speaking! I go to office hours at least once a week to practice and I've went to Japanese table once! For homework, I have been doing extra homework especially with the listening section. I'm trying to understand every concept and I am not afraid to jot down questions on the side of the extra homework that I do. Lastly, I have been blogging a lot more!

Here are my goals for PE 2:
  • To integrate grammar/vocabulary across chapters (creating longer and more complex sentences)
  • To talk fluently with correct intonations and not stutter.
  • To continue to improve my intonation and accents.
  • To be able to comprehend Japanese more fluently (listening comprehension)
  • To express my personality more in Japanese
Activities:
  • I MUST MUST MUST MUST start making time to go to Japanese table. My schedule really didn't work out because I sometimes scheduled work at Firestone during that time. I should REALLY try to make it at least once a week now that there is a Monday/Tuesday table.
  • Continue to shadow every other day for 10 minutes.
  • GO TO OFFICE HOURS TWICE A WEEK. This is ambitious. But seriously time to GET READY TO GO TO JAPAN.
  • Do extra homework.
  • Do ALL THE LISTENING. Find other ways to practice listening comprehension.
  • Blog more as usual!



No comments:

Post a Comment